The Board has also elevated Mr. U.B. Pravin Rao, President and whole-time director, as Chief Operating Officer, with effect from June 14, 2014.
Dr. Vishal Sikka was, until recently, a member of the Executive Board of SAP AG, leading all products and driving innovation globally. He has worked closely with leaders of global companies in building breakthrough business solutions. At SAP, he was responsible for all products, from traditional and cloud-based applications to technology and platform products including HANA, analytics, mobile and middleware. In addition, Dr. Sikka led multiple initiatives to accelerate innovation and research at SAP. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University, USA.
Annotating on his appointment, Dr. Sikka said, “I am honoured to lead Infosys, an iconic company built by pioneers in the technology industry. I look forward to working with and learning from talented Infosc-ions around the world. Computing technology is reshaping every industry across every walk of life. We, at Infosys, have a unique opportunity to deliver breakthrough solutions that will bring greater value to our clients, employees, investors and other stakeholders. I am grateful to the Infosys Nominations and Governance Committee, Mr. Kamath, Mr. Murthy and the Board for this opportunity.”
About Infosys:Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. They enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. They help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Six facts about Mr.Vishal Sikka:I would like to share six facts about Mr. Sikka which might not be known to you?
1) Mr. Sikka’s father was an Indian Railways officer and he was born in Baroda, Gujarat. He did his schooling from Rosary High School, Baroda.
2) He did his graduation in the stream of computer engineering at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
3) Mr. Sikka completed his BS in Computer Science from Syracuse University and his doctorate from Stanford University in 1996.
4) He worked with Xerox’s research labs andn later moved on and founded his first company iBrain. iBrain was then acquired by PatternRX, Inc. Sikka worked as Vice President for platform technologies after his second start-up Bodha.com was acquired by Peregrine Systems.
5) Mr.Sikka joined SAP in the year 2002 and headed the advanced technological group to look after strategic innovative projects. He was then promoted to senior vice president of Architecture and Chief Software Architect.
6) Mr.Sikka was named SAP’s first Chief Technological Officer (CTO) in the year 2007 reporting to CEO. After Léo Apotheker’s resignation from the executive board in 2010, Sikka was named in a lately reconstituted board, along with new co-CEOs Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe.
Due to personal rationalities and groundses on 4 May 2014 i.e., this year Mr. Vishal Sikka announced his divergence from the Executive Board for personal reasons.
|Name & Period|
|N.R.Narayana Murthy 1981 to March 2002|
|Nandan Nilekani March 2002 to April 2007|
|S.Gopala Krishnan April 2007 to August 2011|
|S D Shilbulal August 2011 till July 2014|
|Vishal Sikka August 2014 (Designate)|